You lose all sense of decorum when you are infertile. Consider this my warning that I’m discussing things that some consider icky.
If frank discussion of cervical mucus isn’t your thing, than you may want to pass this post up.
For the rest of you, this is my TTC plan this month. I’m a little worried about my CM – I’m not on Clomid this month, but I’d like to try and work on getting EWCM this month. Even if I don’t, I don’t think my diet is going to hurt anything. I’m already pretty much at this point, but it helps if I write it out to get my brain focused on it. I’m avoiding the teas and herbs that lots of other women go for simply because it scares me a bit.
- Carrots/carrot juice – this supposedly helps with cervical mucus
- Greek yogurt
- Whole milk
- Pomegranate juice – helps uterine lining
- Lemon water
- Daily vitamins, prenatal vitamins, extra folic acid
- A daily salad during the work week
- No sodas
- No corn syrup
- Reduce fast food
- More whole grains (including seed bread)
- Heavily reduced processed foods – especially meats
- Ovulation predictor kit
- Pregnancy tests
- Mucinex (maybe)
- PreSeed (I don’t use the applicator – I just use it like regular lube. Maybe I should?). I don’t know if I could use raw egg whites as a lubricant.
- At home yoga
I’m currently CD5, so I’m assuming that sometime next week will be “go time” for us.
I’ve never paid much attention to cervical mucus – I always thought that I *had* egg white mucus until I saw those pictures. It’s like when the doctor asks me about menstrual blood clots. I have no idea! I’ve never *seen* an official blood clot – my body is normal to me, so I don’t know if I’m seeing a sign that something is wrong.
Any ideas or suggestions? What would you add to the list? What do you think about herbal supplements and/or the fertility teas?