Luckily for me, DH is an IT nerd. So we don’t watch tv. He uses some sort of technical voodoo to remove all commercials from whatever tv we watch. It’s wonderful – I never had to ensure a diaper commercial, or a drive-by giggling infant. It’s just the tv show.
What would you add?
Here are my lists of what I consider safe and unsafe from my library:
Safe and Baby Free
Proceed With Caution
Definitely Do Not Watch Unless You Are a Masochist
- Kitchen Nightmares
- The Mighty Boosh
- Army of Darkness
- Be Kind, Rewind
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Die Hard
- My Neighbor Totoro – No babies, great happy ending, nothing bad happens, but I do cry a LOT when watching this movie
- Mystery Men
- Judge Dredd
- Robo Cop
- Waiting for Guffman
- Arrested Development
- Father Ted
- River Monsters
- Venture Bros.
- Fringe – The first season was pretty safe, but I will warn you, watch out in Season 3 (I think).
- My Cat From Hell is pretty safe – there are few episode where there is an expecting mother
- Hoarders – I couldn’t watch, even though it was baby-free for the most part. I can’t remember why, though.
- Silent Hill was very uncomfortable for me.
- Reno 911 – Trudy gets pregnant later in the series, but I usually stop watching by then
- Raising Arizona – I thought that this would be a happy movie once I got pregnant, but I bawled. I’m honestly not sure I’m I’ll ever be able to watch it. One of my favorite movies.
- Up – I still haven’t seen this. I don’t know if I ever can.
- Pan’s Labyrinth – Again, one of my favorite movies, but I don’t think I could have watched this a few months ago.
- Game of Thrones – For the love of God, stay away from the TV show. I love it, but it has some serious triggers, starting with infanticide.
- Little Otis – A fairytale about an infertile woman and her monstrous “baby”
- Fargo – Just seeing her giant pregnant belly makes me cranky.
- The Fly – At the end, when she is at the doctors office getting an abortion, I lost it. Why my husband put this on, I’ll never know.
- Rosemary’s Baby – Had the insight never to watch this, but the title has just been taunting me for years.
- Rome – I was so traumatized by this before I started this infertility journey that I never even watched season 2.
- The Shield – Too. Damn. Intense.